Thursday, October 10, 2013

Caleb's One!

We are going to rewind a couple of months to talk about our little man's first birthday. It was on July 20th, Caleb was surrounded with family and his closes friends. The theme of his party was planned while I was actually still pregnant. I found this fabric called Elephant Splash at Joann's, falling instantly in love with it. If we didn't have his nursery set up with the nautical theme, then this would have been it. So after talking to my momma in the store with the love I had for this pattern, she told me to buy enough fabric for his big boy room. We have a very close friend that could make his bedding for a toddler bed. So I bought it all! Then started thinking why not have more uses for this fabric... the light ball went off, his first birthday party theme could be elephants. LOVE it!


His birthday shirt was made from my new friend Leah. She is my go to girl when I need a shirt made for Caleb and her prices are so reasonable! 


For his guest book we took one of his favorite books. I use to read this to him when I was pregnant, and it was the first book I ever read to him in the hospital. 


My decorations where simple and just right. Most of it was scrapbook paper that matched the fabric. His favors where bubbles, only $1.00 each. We had some food for the littles and the bigs. Our apple tv sreamed photos of Caleb from his first year with everyone he loved.








The pacifier is normally only aloud in the crib, but nap time was approaching and we where willing to do anything to keep him happy.






I made him his cake. All organic, no sugar. It actually tasted pretty good. He was a little unsure of it at first but quickly got messy.




I can't believe that he is a year old. I still remember praying for him. Wanting so badly to be a momma. He is such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS